PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
So I am home for the holidays, staying with my parents. I dont feel quite comfortable enough to smoke as much as I'd like while im home, but boy do i need it.
The stress and tension in the house is palpable, My mother is very stressed out with her work, my little brother has to be admitted into the hospital for 5+ weeks, we have been waiting for an opening since october, that means for months everybody has had to be able to drop everything and go to the specialized hospital he needs to stay at. Add my crazy grandmother to that equation and sprinkle on the christmas crazies you have a recipe for disaster, It's hard to survive under the pressure evreyones under....
I need a smoke....

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Tis the season for family! I only get the sober inlaws and one jack ass brother in law for one evening :|| Could be worse, I could get the fake brother in law who treats my sister like crap :| and his drunk ass family in the mix for the week end.
Hang in there buddy, and merry Chrismas :D

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Grannies have more than earnt the right to be crazy damnit, trust me!!! Firstly they had to live through your parents, and then the clots from their loins - is it any wonder they're a tad off with the pixies?
I don't have any grandkids, but I've started practising to be crazy already just so I'll be fully skilled in the art of giving everyone major grief via eccentricity & craziness - taking up the pipe was a very defining act for this 'ol lady, lmfao.
Turning 50 is a very enlightening experience ... you suddenly wake up and think, "Right, no one will ever suppress me again, I've earnt the right to say what I want, to whomever I want, whenever I want without fearing the consequences .... no MF'er is ever going to steam-roll me again!" Gives the steam-rollers of this world a hell of a shock, and it's so freeing to see the pompous buffoons deflate instantly, especially in the presence of their peers.
Hope all goes well for your brother and his treatment begins very soon.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Grannies have more than earnt the right to be crazy damnit, trust me!!!
No doubt!
My grandmother does earn the right, although, she has had some head troubles, and we live across the street, therefore she has become very close to my mother, for some reason in the last ten years she, for one reason or another, has started to really take advantage of my mother (in a bad way) and its just not what my mom needs.
There are 3 other daughters she can ask for help, and she does, but she has started to do it in a mean, domineering way to my mom.
Normally we can all deal with that, but with the health problems with my brother, and the ridiculous stress of the hospital, and just waiting and waiting and waiting for them to admit him.
Its just a little too much, and she has not been understanding at all, she even told him (a 11 year old) that she wouldnt go visit him in the hospital if he is there during the holidays...I think that is border line cruel

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
I feel for you and I need a smoke too!!! I have been fighting a terrible cold for over a week and now I can't smoke because the antibiotics will make it taste absolutely horrible (I tried earlier today and it was like smoking burning rubber).
I hope I can smoke by Christmas Day when the Antibiotics have worn off by then....fingers crossed.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
You can't pick your family bro. Gotta make the best of it. Good luck, I understand what you are going through though thank God those days are over for me.

sfexeter

Lurker
Dec 3, 2011
I know the feeling. I needed a smoke so bad today that I broke one of the wife's commandments and smoked in the garage (it was cold outside). We'll see if she notices...

mano

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2011
Find the nearest pipe and cigar store with a smoking lounge, relax and contemplate making some money turning your family broohaha into a reality television show.

mano

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2011
On a serious note, best wishes for your brother. 11 years old and 5+ weeks in the hospital sounds pretty serious. Sounds like your family has more than one full plate so best wishes for all of you.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Best wishes to You and your Family, My advice would be to go and smoke as much as you need, With all that's going on with what you have stated, No one is even going to notice. :puffy:

smokenscotch

Nov 23, 2011
Yikes! Sounds crazy. I wish you all the best and I hope everything turns out good for you and your family. If I were you, I would just light up and not worry about how they feel about smoking. Life is too short to worry about things like that. They'll get over it.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Thank you all for the wishes.
I do really feel bad for my brother, he has a very rare pain disorder, and what they are going to have to do is desensitize him, which means they are going to put him in pain, for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week for 5+ weeks until he has the normal pain receptors that we all are used to...kinda stinks for him, we arent looking forward to it, but it should put him at 100% when he is out

Status
Not open for further replies.