PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Wife's outta town, one kid at a sleep over, the other has retreated to her room. I've watched some manly movies today!
1. Dances with Wolves! "Bad horse!"

2. Tombstone. "Law don't go 'round here!"

3. Saving Private Ryan. "FUBAR"

4. Then it's We Were Soldiers. "Any of you sonsofbitches calls me grandpa, I'll kill ya!"
What's my final movie gents?! Tell me your choice and throw your favorite quote in there too!

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I have too many, I'll stick to gun movies and go with one of my less obscure all time favorites, For a Few Dollars More. "I generally smoke just after I eat. Why don't you come back in about ten minutes?"

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
''Dyin’ ain’t much of a livin' boy.''
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLRlY46ttfE

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Braveheart...
Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if he were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
"Blind Man" starring Tony Athony, a rare-to-find spaghetti western about this blind guy in Mexico who gets the

drop on everybody, including mounted cavalry, and especially likes dynamite as his equalizer. It's more visual

than scripted, so the memorable quote is "ka-boom-oom-omm." Skip all of Tarintino and go right to this.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
14ne1wh.jpg

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
In case you’re in the mood for a comedy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2d2_fUJ8A

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
+1 for Gladiator, but to add a couple more:
Mad Max pt. 2 The Road Warrior: "Three days ago I saw a rig big enough to haul that tanker; you want out of here ... you talk to me".
Conan the Barbarian (w. Arnold Schwarzenegger) ”Q: Conan, what is the meaning of life?" "A: To crush the enemy, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women".

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Great suggestions all! I went with the HBO mini series "John Adams" and interestingly enough, they show him "smoking" a clay cutty. I say "smoking" because whilst I've had few brewers, it doesn't look like mr giamati is actually smoking it, just holding whilst pontificating...
Still he's one hell of an actor...
Wife's outta town for ten more days, she designs software for courthouses, and at the end of the week her sister is inducing labor (she's almost a month over due) so I will endeavor to watch everything you gents have recommended!
-Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.