PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
So, I did a bit of updating in my 'office' today.
I added a shelf unit that I made for the previous house. It didn't fit into the kitchen here, so it became a shelf in my office. I think it will work great. It has an LED light strip that has a remote. Right now it is set to red, any color can be chosen as well as brightness. Pretty neat thing actually. Most of my carbide lamp collection (I am an old worn out miner and spelunker) is on two of the shelves and pipes started occupying another shelf. My little dawg is guarding from my chair.
37968411462_2b9b3d3408_k_d.jpg

The new shelf allowed moving some stuff around. Now my train has a home. I have had that one since I was maybe 4 years old. Now it has a place of honor again.
37945636976_ff3a28d70c_k_d.jpg

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
It is a Kodak, but I am not sure about the lens. Here's a closer pic.
38001433641_f2326ad363_k_d.jpg

I used to go yard sailing (our term for it), years ago and found quite a few neat old cameras. I got a movie camera once, and a Polaroid (one of the HUGE ones) with unused film. The kids got a real kick out of that. We took pics before we left the yard sale.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Warren, my little girl sits on ME when I am in the chair. Otherwise, it is her guard post. That one is on the north side of the house. She has one on the south and west also. 8)

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Looks like a cozy place for a pipe! I love having my little dog sidekick by my side while I enjoy a pipe. I've been meaning to get around to building a large shelf/entertainment center for my man cave. I've still got books in boxes from a few years ago when I moved into my current house.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I am hoping to get some books on those shelves too. Most of them are in boxes or scattered throughout the house. No organization at all right now. Square foot gardening next to religion and children's books. :D

jorchamp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 21, 2016
My cave is for smoking the pipe. It also doubles as a darkroom (yes for film photography) and a music practice room. And a general office. A get away spot.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
That's a fantastic space! Congrats.... As with Jorchamp, my man space is a darkroom/shed. I still shoot both medium format and 35mm bw film exclusively.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Thanks everyone. It is a very nice room. I must be careful now though. I can't put anything else in there, except maybe on the walls. There is little space to walk now. :lol:

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Whatever happened to that guy who had a hidden cave with an entrance that looked like a floor to ceiling bookcase, or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.