PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
He probably needed to go back for the free health care.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/us/shawshank-fugitive-caught/

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I think that he should have served a flat 5 yrs for manslaughter and that's that.

Instead, they gave him probation. He gets himself 'violated', and I know that that can be a matter of whimsy right there...on the part of Law and Judicial. THEN, for violating probation, he gets TWENTY YEARS! He was almost a teenager back then, and decided to 'run'....I bet he couldn't see the day coming when he'd have to go back after 56 years on the lam....wow...and he'd been found out already once before in W.byGawdVA and they let him go! Guess he shoulda stayed THERE!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
He should have known he was a lifer in West Virginia after the governor refused to extradite him. You have to know a good thing when you see it.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Whitey Bulger was only on the run for 16 yrs but I'll bet he lived a little better than this guy did!

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
What s the point.. the guy is 79. Why does Ohio, Florida and us marshals need to waste time and money and that's before Ohio has to start maintaining him.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
dochudson - You are right, now as taxpayers, we will have to maintain this guy in prison. The only difference now is that instead of "squealing like a pig" in West by God Virginia, he will be doing it in a state pen.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
At 79 yrs of age & in a wheelchair I doubt very much if he will do much time, maybe a few months or even house arrest then they will commute his sentence to time served. They won't want all the expense of taking care of him. The article said he has family so he will likely be released to them to care for him. But by his capture it allows Ohio & law enforcement to close the books on his case. As I recall it was their oldest open case on the books, so there is your motive for capturing & bringing him back.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
johnnyreb has it on the nose. Also, the man does owe a debt to the people Ohio for the unlawful killing. Killing is serious business. I doubt it will happen but, he should serve his sentence and it should be hard time. Society has it's right to avenge its loss of an innocent life.

Status
Not open for further replies.