Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I stopped by my moms house to pick up my son after work today. My mom happened to have a meal waiting for me and I mean a real "MEAL".

Mom was born in 1936, was the oldest of 8 children and has cooked all of her life so she can really cook. I sat down to fried steak , baked beans, mashed potatoes, macaroni, sweet potatoes and a salad. Kind of a carb. lovers meal huh? Anyway, I ate myself silly (burp!). After spending a little while talking with her, I waddled to my car and made it home (burp!).

When I got home I opened a tin of Macbarens Mixture Modern that I had had since 2010. I was in the mood for something different and I had not tried this one before. I was expecting it to be an overly sweet beginners aromatic tobacco. It was to my surprise very good. Not overly sweet at all. Plenty of good tobacco flavor and a really nice aroma. It kind of reminded me of a good sweet aged straight Virginia (sort of fruity smelling).

If anyone has considered this one I would recommend it.

Now if only I had some homemade chocolate cake to follow this one up with...but wait, she sent me a big piece of cake with me for later (burp!).

Dear lord I love my mom!

Status
Not open for further replies.