PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Molto Dolce, Sutliff's oft-reviewed heavily scented in-the-tin aromatic, is dark and moist, and one of a kind. scloyd from my home state Illinois sent me a sample, and I'm glad he did. It's Sutliff's famous sweet aromatic ... and it's a dessert wine! In one! My standard requirement for an aromatic is that it be tobacco forward, so the flavoring plays a secondary role and supports and complements the tobacco. With MD, the flavoring is definitely the star, but the tobacco boosts the flavoring and doesn't just get buried. Just sniffing the blend, I felt a little queasy. But it required only a single light, burned evenly, and had enough tobacco flavor to keep me interested. Like dessert wine, I might not keep a supply around the house, but for the right occasion, it's engaging and could be a great pairing with food or drink. Most interesting. And it is definitely a room note star. Your wife will marry you again, and your friends will buy the next round. Intriguing pipe experience to be enjoyed.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Molto Dolce = the Rice Krispies of pipe tobacco.

You'll hear it snap, crackle, & pop as you savor a bowl of this unbelievably sweet incredibly delicious stuff.

If Molto Dolce floats your boat give Sutliff's Creme Brulee a try - available in bulk & I can't tell the difference between the two other than cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.