Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We have a great show coming up tonight. Our featured interview tonight is Makis Minetos from Patras Greece. Makis is from Achaiki Amadeus, a family-owned wood mill and pipe factory. They supply briar to Stanwell, Vauen, Tsuge and several other factories and individual pipe makers, and they make their own Amadeus pipes as well. Here's a video of their factory:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2R_4VZSP98

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We have a really great show for you tonight -
992936_502767066460861_1610139511_n.jpg

THIS is INTERNET Radio ...
http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-44/

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Wonderful, listening to the radio show right now, while smoking an Amadeus shape 744 pipe (that after I corrected the drilling is one of my best smokers)

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Interesting video. A lot of those burls looked small,big enough for only one or two blocks.

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Great show.

I liked his comment about Greek Fathers always being right.

Interesting that his company sells brier blocks to Stanwell as well as Dr. Grabow (to name just two).

The only mainstream place selling Amadeus pipes looks to be Pipes & Cigars, and they are all sold out.

acutabovebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2013
Patras - Greece
Thank you all for your comments and most of all i would like to thank Brian and pipesmagazine for having me on the show.

I consider it an honor been on the same show where all these great personalities of our hobby have been.
I would like to thank all pipe smokers out there who smoke AMADEUS PIPES and also those who don't; just keep on smoking.
@ejames: The pieces of wood that we receive in the mill have already gone through a first stage of processing in the forest; the workers there when they cut the plant and dig the root out, they split it in half and then in quarters. This way the can cut out the part of the burl where the defective part is. The part that hides small stones, sand pits, flaws and poor wood quality in general.This way we get better product in house. So a hole root may yield the number of blocks that i was talking about in the interview.
I will be more than happy to answer to all of your questions at any time.
acutabovebriar

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Great show!
Here's a photo of Morton Gould, the composer featured on this edition, with his pipe:
Gould1_zps6e3c780e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.