PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Little bit of TAD arrived today. This isn't all of it, but the part that I knew DM would appreciate. In all its glory...
7HDLq2K.jpg

hmhaines

Sep 5, 2016
CT
I'll have to look into that. Any tobacco worth buying eight tins of is probably worth me giving a try!

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I'll have to look into that. Any tobacco worth buying eight tins of is probably worth me giving a try!
Let's put it this way... I would have bought more, but that was the remaining stock at Marscigars.com, lol.

skraps

Sep 9, 2015
I have a tin opened already, these 8 are getting put back into the cellar. No touchy for awhile!

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
Damn! Eight less tins for my cellar ... :D
I had a brief love affair with the Yacht ... in the last month or so it seems to have lost it's appeal for me. I'm sure I'll come back around eventually, my tastes seem to go round in circles.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
@tinsel- does it go round in circles, or, does it fly high like a bird up in the sky?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
High quality Virginias, tobacco flavor is not muted by the topping, can smoke right out of the tin, packs easily, burns well! What else do you need from a blend?

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
High quality Virginias, tobacco flavor is not muted by the topping, can smoke right out of the tin, packs easily, burns well! What else do you need from a blend?
Well, more flavour from the tobacco.
Don't take my response as meaning I dislike RY; I like it well enough. But I do prefer more flavour from a blend (especially burley cocoa/nuttiness or latakia rich smokiness or oriental/perique spiciness). The plum-like topping took me a while to appreciate on RY, and I am still neutral on it (bear in mind, I've smoked merely 8 tins -- and none of it "aged"). I have a few tins put away... I hope to get more flavour out of my RY in time to come :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.