PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Hello all,
So I kind of started a New Years resolution a bit early this year (going on about 10 days now) and it has not been easy. The actual nature of my struggles I'm not trying to make public but I'm struggling none the less. I just have days that I can not eat, sleep, or even sit still and the weather outside is not exactly great lunting weather so I can't get out as much as I would like to lately. I guess the purpose of this is to kind of vent a little bit and get some things out, it helps sometimes. I'm making changes across the board, including searching for a new job, AHHHHH!!! Never fun!
I'm hoping that the old saying (takes at least two weeks to get into a new routine/break a bad habit) rings true in my case!! Well my brothers and sisters of this forum, that is my little vent, I'm not sure why talking or writing things out help but I'm not going to argue with it! Thanks for taking the time to read this and have a great day! Happy holidays all!!

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Best of luck! Sometimes you need to rattle the universe a bit when change is needed. Stay strong.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, I tell myself what I'm doing it for and that helps sometimes but still outside motivation helps greatly!! I will bookmark this topic and read it on my bad days.
Thanks a bunch!!

natibo

Nov 10, 2013
Cincinnati, OH USA
I understand these types of struggles. Had a big one of my own 6.5 years ago. I would recommend looking up the serenity prayer. Changes in locations, routines, etc. are good sometimes. Just remember that no matter where you go, you will always be there! Change is difficult, but it must come within yourself (and help from a higher power).

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Change is sometimes good but you have to understand that change from within is going to have a more profound effect then any environmental change. Reading the serenity prayer as suggested by natibo is a good idea even if you aren't religious. Don't view it as a prayer, view it as something that can help any of us get through tough times.
God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Believe it or not you guys even with just a few words are helping me greatly. Thank you so much friends!! I greatly appreciate it!

irish

Lifer
Aug 12, 2011
Texas
Change is hard, but usually if it is something you know you need then it is worth it. As Al said Stay the course. And as far as venting this is the place to do it. This forum and the ladies and gentlemen here are top notch. I have found none better. Good luck to you my friend!

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Thanks again all, like I said I pull this up every once in a while and read these over on my bad days. Today however is a pretty good one! It's nice and sunny out, perfect lunting weather so I'm out in the back with my cob and the last bit of LBF I have till Christmas :puffy:
Although it was pretty bright and I can't keep my eyes open for a pic I snapped one regardless, happy lunting everyone!!

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
Can you tell I smashed my glasses the other day :crying:
Now thy sit all cockeyed on my face, well.... I can see that's all the matters right!!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Best of luck Redbeard. I appreciate your posts and am glad you're here. Hope you get this sorted in a rapid fashion.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
That is all for the encouragement and comments. As an update, things have been looking up. I feel great and am going back to college in the summer finally and can't wait!! I am still trucking along and not looking back.
Happy lunting all!!

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
Really glad things are looking up redbeard. Best of luck with school!

Status
Not open for further replies.