Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Ran across this and it has me stumped. I've looked at a site for British Tobacconists, Pipe Makers, Pipe Mounters, and Silver Hallmarks but couldn't find WDC in a triangle. The anchor would make you think it's for Birmingham but the top of the anchor doesn't compute. The star and the wonky bird are symbols I haven't seen before. Is it possible that they are Journeyman Marks? Any input would be appreciated.
marks-450x600.jpg

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Well I should have googled WDC first. Turns out it's the William Demuth Company. Not sure if the band is nickel or silver. I'm leaning towards nickel. The other symbols may have no meaning at all.
Edit: beat me to it civilwar.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I've got a nice little WDC pipe that I bought from Dave Neeb at MKELAW Pipes awhile back. Very simple pipe, classic lines and smokes exactly as you would expect from a pipe of its era and it certainly didn't break the bank. I've seen a few since then, but the assorted hallmarks on the band are something new to me ( mine didn't have any ) although the triangle logo is the same as the stamping on mine.

achtman

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2017
Not just WDC. Many American pipes had faux nomenclature which are not official stamps.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.