PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I am a huge bourbon guy and I've heard of people coupling a specific wine with their tobacco to really set off the whole experience. Does anyone have any opinions as to what I might enjoy with my beloved bourbon. It's much appreciated; I'll be sure to let you know how it goes when I get around to it. -Thanks

chawz

Lurker
May 29, 2011
Alaska
Elijah Craig 18yr and Boswells Piper's Pleasure, the perfect combo of vanilla hints and chocolate. Great evening smoke after dinner.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I enjoy a good quality Burley flake such as Solani 656 or Wessex Burley Slice with Bourbon. I find the more complex and peaty flavor of scotch better suited to full English blends.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Maker's Mark plus pipe cleaners... It's what I've been using for weekly maintenance, since I'm not a huge fan. :lol:

seanlamb63

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 20, 2013
Bethlehem
Bullet Bourbon or Buffalo Trace are my two main stays, and I offten pair them with the Frogmortons, actually works really nice with Dunhill Night Cap as well.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Nice phred.... Didn't see that one coming.
:D
It's definitely helping with lingering odor from my pipes - my spouse has noticed the difference since I started a weekly regimen.
And we're meeting friends for dinner this weekend at a local pub that stocks a lot of small batch bourbons, so I'll see if they've got something I like better.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Right now I'm smoking McClellands Smyrna no. 1 with my Maker Mark. Big Bourbon fan.
Just picked up a bottle of Ambler 11 year old. Friend recommended it and he says it is ultra smooth, even smoother than Michter's 10 year.
Good Bourbon with anything is good.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
+1 to the Nightcap with the makers mark. I havent found anything i dont enjoy with makers mark yet.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
+1 Sean. Any good English/balkan goes great with bourbon or scotch (especially if it's peated). Bourbon in particular compliments without overpowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.