PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
I just broke out another of my 10 'reject' MM Cob pipes. I wanted to dedicate one to Russ' Angler's Dream blend. Tried the draw before loading the pipe and their was NO draw. This is the first one of the 10 that I have found anything wrong with. (It is the third I have tried out) Turns out there was simply a plug in the shank, of wood shavings from drilling the shank hole. So, out comes the diamond bead reamers. These little tools are cheap and very handy for lots of things, now including pipe maintenance. A bit of work with the long skinny one and some cleanup with a couple of the others and all is well. Blow out the dust, load the tobacco and I'm off.

The leather tray on my lap came from Colombia, I got it while living down there in 1990. The dog is current issue. :D
35993926374_583bd78eb0_z_d.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Love a quick fix. If you ever get a Senior Reamer, there's a drill bit in the handle perfect for that same job. Angler's Dream is a great choice. It won't ghost, and one of my Weaver blowfish has the honor of only having AD smoked in it since its purchase in 2015.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not at all. You can always put pipe mud in the bottom, but is completely unnecessary.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
LOL, I have a Senior Reamer, but it is in hiding today. So, the little bead reamers did the deed. Can't figure out what I did 'Senior'. Around here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.