PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
I am heading across the border in two weeks for some R&R. Does anyone know of any good pipe tobacco stores in either of these two states?

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Federal Cigar in Portsmouth NH (they have some satellite locations, too)

Twins Smoke Shop in Londonderry, Manchester and Hooksett, NH

Tasty Tobacco Shop in Milford, NH

Tobacco Haven in Brookline, NH

Happy Jack's in Laconia, NH
Mind you none of these are on a par with L. J. Perettis's or Leavitt and Pierce's in Boston, and they cater mostly to cigar smokers, but they are not bad in a pinch. I would say Federal Cigar is the best place, if only because Portsmouth is about the only happenin' town in NH. Lots of local brew pubs and shops and other sights.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Castro's Backroom (or Castro's something) in Concord, NH. Again, as the name would suggest, mostly a cigar establishment but they have a large display case with pipes in the center of the room and some jars behind the counter with what looked like Stokkebye bulk.

reichenbach

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2012
West Park, NY
Also, if in Concord, don't both looking for the other tobacconist listed on the Google search because it was shut down or went out of business.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
There's a Castro's Back Room in Manchester, too. My sons go there for a cigar now and then, but they have limited pipe paraphernalia. They did buy me some Dunhill MM 965 from Castro's for Father's Day, but according to them it's mostly cigar merchandise.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I got my order of McClelland's 2015 from 4Noggins....it was sent from Nashua. We used to call it Nausea.

I used to live in Milford. NH....was born in ME.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
The Jenny Station tobacco shop in Brunswick, ME, or Kennebec Cigar Co. In Hallowell, ME near Augusta. Both are very limited in pipes and tobaccos but at leas they are a place to get some thing in a pinch. Maine is one of the MOST anti-tobacco states in the USA. Who would ever figure way up here in the woods. The liberals have taken over!!!

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
My boyhood home was Claremont, and it was entirely commonplace to see gentlemen walking down the street wearing a jacket and tie, and a hat,...with a pipe in their mouth, with smoke curling out of it. I daydreamed of manhood, and smoking a pipe on the street. Ah...those were the days.

pipesinperu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2014
Both good places for some R&R!
It's good to know there are a few places to check out next time I'm back home in NH for a visit.

trucha

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 26, 2013
Isn't there a place in Conway? It's been a while since I've lived there so I am not sure.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
There is Village Cigar which is mainly a cigar lounge. There is also Abenaki Tobacco, though I am not sure they have a store front. Also, Abenaki Tobacco purchases their tobacco from Virginia and rebrands it according to This recent post, so some of the appeal is lost, in my opinion. I was under the impression they processed their own tobacco products.

Status
Not open for further replies.