(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Belgian Mick
  • Latest reply from cigrmaster
  1. mluyckx

Belgian Mick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What say you ???

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It certainly is a beautiful work of art, but I like my pipes to be functional as well, so I don't think it would be for me. The question I always ask when I look at a pipe is:"Can I see myself smoking this pipe?" If the answer is no, as it is here, then I won't buy it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. tjameson

tjameson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

He has a great style and his other pipes are more functional. Smokingpipes had a good blog on him just recently, as a fan of art nouveau he certainly got my attention.

BLACKBLOODs for life...just please keep making Black House!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. shawn

shawn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Both, I love the turtle he has on smokingpipes.com. Love it

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think he is an artist,not a pipe maker. That sculpture is beautiful no doubt, but to me it is non functional and not my style. I see these types of pipes all the time from numerous artists and if you like that more power to you, but give me a Dublin or a Billiard any time I want my pipe to look like a pipe and not some work of art.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   hedgehog, pylorns, jogilli, warren, crazyhog, andystewart, maxpeters, philobeddoe, onepyrotec, monk, captainsousie, samcoffeeman, daimyo, lincolnsbark, cosmicfolklore, layinpipe, eightywon, voorhees, andy, numbersix, tbradsim1, dmcmtk, tfdickson, prndl, gunslinger, tuold, rickpal14