PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
This is where you tell me, and everyone else reading(1 other person), what you have CREATED from sheer accident or purpose drivin' madness.
-Tell us what you concocted. (list all tobacco's used if they have a name)
-Tell us what you've named it; if anything.
-Tell us the thought process behind the madness/genius.
-Describe the flavour or your INVENTION / failure.
Also, maybe this deserves a separate thread, but in the spirit of creationism (concerning tobacco) has anyone tried to ferment their own backy? I'd love to hear your personal experiences on that and all the hassles you went through!!

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
30% 1Q, 50% Balkan Sasieni, and 20% Pirate Kake... it's terribly delicious! I did about an ounce, and just finished it off. :mrgreen:

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
I now have decided to call it: (drum roll please...) Queer Balkan Pirate! 8O :crazy:

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I've mixed lots of tobaccos together. Probably the best mix was Germains Latakia Flake and Smokers Haven Kumble Kake. The mix was much better as I found neither exciting but together very complimentary.
Ive never mixed "raw" ingredient tobaccos but I did get two blends named after me at a Chicago pipe shop.

Jul 15, 2011
I once cut half and half of a mixture of McClellands Number 1 Grade Balkan and Boswells Christmas Cookie. The mixture not only tasted like smores, but the room note did as well. I called the blend "Balkan Holiday" simply so I could remember what was in it. I also tried mixing about 10% Bobs Chocolate Flakes, 10% Balkan Sasieni, 50% Captain Black Royal, and a smattering of broken cigars to make my own cigar blend that I called "Mocha Stogie." All I can say is WOW!

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The only thing I ever did was add a crushed cigars leaves to a cheap OTC blend. It did add something to it.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
A friend sent me a gift of 50/50 Lane's BCA and Wilkes Bestmake. It is very good and a regular rotational blend for me now.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
@Igloo

PS Swiss Delight is still made.....its out of stock currently at pipesandcigars.
http://pipesandcigars.com/pestbuswde.html
A local B&M here in Wisconsin still has it in stock....just not a big mover he says.
http://www.jackstobaccowi.com/tobacco.html (about a third of the way down under Premium Bulk Blends PS-42)

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
My favorite homemade blend is 50:50 Stokkebye Balkan Supreme and McClelland 5110.

Try it and you will find it rivals many premium blends in smoothness and great taste.

It is even endorsed by UncleArthur.
I have referred to it as BS5110 (named what it is)

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
In my travelling pouch there is leftover Borkum Riff mixed with leftover CAO Cherry Bomb, mixed with Leftover CBW, mixed with a half oz of CBroyal, and It's pretty darn good. When that runs low, some 1-Q is going in there. Call it Baron's WTF Blend.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I had some Blue Mountain that dried out in my pouch after I filled it one day and never used it. I mixed it with some Lane BCA that was a bit too wet to smoke. Let it sit overnight, and it was surprisingly good, and have mixed up a few bowls worth on several occaisions.
Never thought of a name for it. Maybe......Blue Mountain BCA. I know, very origonal.

nathaniel

Jan 4, 2011
Yeah bubba, I do that as well. When I get less than a bowl left in a tin, I toss it into a big mason jar entitled "Poor Man's Leaf". I'm keeping it for a rainy day... like when they finally try to ban baccy altogether. 8O

But I dip into it every now and then, just for tickles. It's currently quite good, mostly a mix of english, oriental and aro blends.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You all are some crazy bastards. But I like all the input.
I ESPECIALLY like this PML(Poor Man's Leaf) as Nathaniel named it. I think I'm going to be forced to do this in the future so it's great to already have a name for it. Thank you kind sirs.
Maybe you all should put samples of your PML in the Box Pass. I would LOVE to read the member reviews on THAT stuff.
On another forum there was a gent who actually added snus (sniffing toby) to his backy. Crazy Gent.

whitebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2010
I have a huge mason jar that I always throw left overs in and it is actually a great smoke right now, but it changes every time I throw something new in!
i do the same--i call it 'Leavins'--i take a bowl now and then, but mainly it just sits there melding--my poor man's insurance policy against the day tobacco is banned---also i'm CHEAP--at the prices of today i just can't discard any leaf--

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Lawrence: You add perique to Irish Oak? It isn't strong enough for you?? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.