PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
First, just wanted to say that I am really enjoying this forum and the generous advice all of you folks are providing me and other newbies—thanks a lot, it is appreciated!
Second: for the past several weeks I have been scouring the 'net for info on pipes, learning a ton and was ready to finally invest in a decent pipe. I checked on estate pipes, but most didn't speak to me—so for a number of reasons I decided on a new Peterson, but I couldn't really decide between two, so I picked myself up both! These will be my first two serious pipes. I will post actual pics ASAP, but these are them:
http://www.jamesfox.ie/bmz_cache/a/ae8344b08d2347cf609e45541676a8cb.image.280x280.jpg
http://images.smokingpipes.com/products/002-029-14417.jpg
:)

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum.
Congrats, you can't go wrong with Petersons in my opinion.
The second Pete is the same one my wife bought me for our anniversary this year. I love it!!!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Congratulations !
I love that Rosslare Royal Irish. I have a 999 in that finish and not only is it an excellent smoker, it's just absolutely stunning ! Congratulations on your choice, it won't disappoint you.
:clap:

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
Welcome to the forum :D
Those are two very pretty pipes you got stuck with :lol:
I think the one in the second link is especially pretty. :)

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
@OldCajun:

Mine had a ton of stain in bowl

Interesting. Mine came with that black pre-coating stuff Peterson puts in there now. Also note there's a difference between Rosslare Classic and Rosslare Royal Irish. I figured that one out the hard way about 6 months ago. For some explanation on the difference, there's this thread here There's a picture of the 999 I got in that thread too.
But if there is indeed the color finish in there, a little sandpaper run down the inside (carefully !!), a little spit on a Q-tip and a couple of bowls and it's all gone :puffpipe:

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! The Rosslare Royal Irish really is gorgeous to my eyes—very Bing Crosby-ish to me and the Killarney (B5) Fishtail looks like it will be a pleasure to hold - love the diamond stem.
...can't wait to break these pipes in. :)

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
I believe mine was the classic without any coating in bowl, everclear and a ton of q-tips it was ready, very pretty pipe and a damn fine smoker, it fires up plum pudding like crazy the old cajun

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
Those are some good looking pipes. My first pipe was a Pete and it's one of my favorite smokes. You can't go wrong with a Pete. Let me know how it smokes. That's one I've had my eye on for a while.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Congrats! I have a used Peterson Aran bulldog that I love so much, that I've decided my first new pipe purchase is going to be a brand new Pete.
I find myself looking forward to when my Pete is coming up off bench rest.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Congrats, I really like that first pipe. My first two "serious pipes" were also petes. Get them broken in and you'll love them.

Status
Not open for further replies.