Made the drive to Gaithersburg. Got a new pipe!(pics)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
So a few guys from work and I decided it was time to get one of our number his first pipe. We drove off the three of us did. to the promised land. To Gaithersburg PA. Where Boswell has his B&M. The new smoker picked out a nice straight stemmed estate with a style similar to the Doc grabow duke, good price only 30 bucks and he says it smoked well. All in all a good first pipe. He liked the style and all. I had brought two tobaccos with me in pouches. H&H trout stream and of course Blackhouse. He's concerned about the smell from the the Blackhouse(apparantly his wife really doesn't like tobacco) but at the same time didn't want anything to sweet, after picking through the jars of bulk a few minute he settled on a few ounces of classic cavendish. My other buddy picked up a few ounces of the christmas cookie. then we went up to the smoking lounge and hung out for a while. After teaching basic pipe loading 101, our new brother of the briar settled into his smoke. I think he'll be joining us in future pipe outings. There was discussion of RPG and pipe nights.

Oh yeah so I got myself a few things too. a few windscreens for the cobs I take to work, some Petersons Irish oak since I was almost out, 2 oz of Northwoods to try, an ounce of straight latakia, oh and this :D
dkJMTh.jpg

44Srf.jpg

3Hr5gh.jpg

nDBbuh.jpg

ain't it pretty and it smokes like a dream, pipe cleaner test passed and then some. Sorry I'm just a little excited. it's my first boswell's.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Sounds like your group had a great day. Nice pick-up on your part as well. Someday I'll make it to Boswell's as they're only about 2 hours from me.

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
most of them were huge but he actually had one he said he makes just for guys with ten minute smoke breaks. it was about half the bowl size of this one. he said packed really well a slow smoker could get maybe 30 minutes out of it.

the one I got gave me about 45 minutes with the northwoods tobacco but I wasn't slow smoking by any means. I'll probably give it a nice slow smoke with some frog morton in it tonight and see how long it lasts

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, it's actually "Chambersburg, PA" if anyone is heading in that direction (Gaithersburg is in MD..)

It is always a fun visit to Boswells, sounds like your crew did OK!

Enjoy your new pipe and blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.