PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
My nieces names this one. This was to be a long churchwarden, absolutely huge pipe. . . but I've had terrible luck with my briar lately. The shank cracked but I was too attached to the stummel to toss it in the garbage. So this is what I came up with to salvage it. It'll be for sale on my table at the Chicago show for a song and maybe a dance. It's a fun pipe and fully functional.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I like this one a lot. How are you sealing the metal to the briar so it doesn't draw air at that junction. Can it be taken apart to be cleaned. Nice Adam! Very Nice Indeed.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
James - Thanks! THe Steel is epoxied into the wood. So it does not come out of the wood. But the stem comes off, it is just friction fit to the metal. Not sure how it will hold up over time, but will find out! You need a churchwarden length pipe cleaner for this one! The tobacco chamber is LARGE so would be a few hour smoke I think!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This is one of those mistakes that ends up really working. Don't let on that anything went wrong. It's avant guard; that's your story and I'd stick to it. Very cool looking. Don't price it too low. Next year all the Japanese masters will be selling pipes that look suspiciously like this for 3K.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
LOL,
Thanks! I never thought it to be steampunk until you guys pointed it out. Maybe I should add a few gears or maybe some brass knobs to it . . . no never mind, I'll save that idea for later.
If anyone can sell a pipe for $3k, the danes or japanese can be my guest. Never will it be a pipe with my name on it LOL!

Mar 1, 2014
Is that aluminum break line for the stem? I've been looking for something commonly available to line Cob shanks with and it looks like rolls of break line would fit the bill and are readily available on Amazon.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Good job bending it! Stuff like that usually gets kinkier than Peck!
Now that sir is funny!! :rofl:
Nice save Adam. That bowl is way to pretty just to scrap. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.