Either you love it or you hate it...
For me is love it.
Great job!!!
Cheers,
J

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
click, I am not a fan of the Prince shape. But damn I like this one! It flows nicely and I like the stem reminds me of the stone turquoise which was made into a stem. Very nice work!!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Its a prince. There are definitely shaping issues. This one taught me that rusticating does not make up for shaping asymmetry. Something I continue to struggle with.
Extremely fun to make though. Light as a feather and the staining was also an experiment that I think turned out to my liking.
And since its a golem, show me a rock that is symmetrical lol! At least that's what I tell myself to make me feel better about it! haHa

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nothing traditional or stuffy here, not that traditional is stuffy (as my pipe racks would attest, I hope). Nifty youthful far-out look, both the colors and the finish, and of course the swirls in the stem. Looks like it would be fun to smoke, moreso if there is an audience to appreciate this creative pipe.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Adam you have every right to feel good about this pipe. It rocks. What I think is funny though is that you said it would be a long time before you would mess with another blue pipe. :puffpipe:

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Lol scrooge, blue stain sucks! This one was called peacock greenish to be exact. . . lol! I think blue may be OK for rusticated wood, its a pain to get on evenly for a smooth pipe without showing the overlap lines. I've been working on a stain then wipe technique that seems to help a bit.
Part of the fun for me is continuous improvement. I try new things a lot and sometimes I have to take one step back before I can take two steps forward. I don't think I'm ever going to achieve becoming a great pipe maker, but as a hobbyist, I think I can get to a level I'm happy with. Although at this early of a stage, time will tell. It sure as heck is fun though!

Status
Not open for further replies.