PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Just finished this one. I won't be using blue stain again for a while. It is VERY hard to work with. Also, I need to learn to bend my stems better. I just started using a heat gun so a little more practice. I'm satisfied with it overall.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
This is a nice pipe Adam. I like the flow an contour. Is it actually sitting up like that by itself? If so even better. Great job! Keep em coming.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Normally I'd never go for a blue pipe, but that's gorgeous. I've seen many blue stained briars and the finish never looks quite right, but you nailed it with this one. The grain shows through nicely with an even tone. Well done sir.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
Very cool! I like it. I really like the stem color and the square shape of the stem too.
Bluebeard? Is that your name for this shape? I like that too.
I've been looking at a pipe called an "elf-hat". Similar but different.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Adam that is a very nice looking pipe. The overall shape and flow is excellent. Well done. :clap:

posaydal

Lurker
Dec 6, 2015
Serbia
Looks like a ship when you look at her upfront. In my oppinion, absolute beauty. Stem, pipe shape, stain, all matched perfectly. Thats one hell of a work, mate.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thank guys, I have much to learn yet. Its a fun journey! I just started working on my next one and am pretty stoked about it. I am calling it the horned pendulum! I'll post it up when I'm done.
Scrooge - The pipe is sitting like that without any propping or counterweight/magnets.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
A very striking pipe. Years ago Scott Chinery had the world's best luthiers make blue arch top guitars for his collection- 22 instruments in all. I wonder if the makers had a hard time with the blue finishes as well.
http://themomi.org/museum/Chinery/article/images/T_bluecollection.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the proportion on this one, and the flow to the design. I'm uncertain about the color, as a matter of preference, but the rendering of the color is some of the best blue I've seen, briar and stem. I find the color a little unsettling.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
"I find the color a little unsettling."
MSO I get it. I like the intense colors I am just reluctant to smoke one in public. In public I feel more comfortable in a lower profile. Come to think about it though, if you are smoking a pipe in public there probably is no low profile to be had. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.