PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
After failing 4 times to make a Lovat and then cracking the shank on another requested pipe, I decided I needed to make something fun for myself before attempting them again. This one I called The Zerg as an ode to the game Staarcraft. The chin is too abrupt and if I would have drilled the bowl differetly I might have been able to have one smooth transition from bottom tip to top tip. It looks a bit chunky in the pics but doesn't look nearly as fat in the hand. The tip in the stem rounded a bit as I expected it would. I have an issue with my cork bleeding previous colors around the chamber rim when staining. I have to come up with different technique. It may be hard to critique but I categorize it as more of a fantasy pipe.
All in all, it is a pipe for myself and I am very happy with it. I can't wait to smoke it!

K

klause

JAYSUS!!!!!!
That's flipping beautiful. Absolutely wonderful.
LOVE that stem......and that shaping.......
I've literally felt me heart skip a beat.
Wow!! Clickklick, that is superb - blows me away - that is a pipe to smoke, enjoy, linger over, and ponder deeply.
:worship:

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Well done, sir.
I'd personally put my eye out smoking it but, it looks to be a finely crafted pipe.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
What diameter is that bowl? It appears really small from the photos. I think you made yourself a fine pipe.

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Absolutely beautiful. I can see a zergling in it. Just throwing it out there but you should do a series based on the factions.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Kind of a deep space Tomahawk. Love it! I especially like the way the forward edge of the bowl flares. The last P&C catalog I received had a picture of a "make your own pipe". It looked to me like a bent Dublin, but had a very graceful and pronounced "tulip" flare at the front of the bowl. That wasn't yours, was it?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
aldecaker's "deep space Tomahawk" captures some essence of this far-out shape. It's original and dramatic, not to mention colorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.