PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizzly86

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 5, 2012
got bored one day and made this. Made with 45-70 and 44mag. Weighted it down until it felt comfortable to me. Let me know what yall think. I have been thinking about trying a couple things with other calibers too.

0031-600x450.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
A friend gave me a tamper like that. Made from a 8MM in a 44. Holds three matches!

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
no, interest in selling them, I reload most of em. just something I wanted to try

jameral

Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
Looks good! I've got plenty of brass laying around at my dad's house. I should make myself something like time next time I visit him.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Creative use of spent firepower!
Nothing so metallic, but I've recently started carving pipe tampers in earnest. Once I have a few I'm proud of, I post them.
You should try and get some .50 caliber Desert Eagle casings for Magnum pipes!
Magnum pipes being the size that they are, should we refer to smaller, shorter pipes as Higgins pipes? (80s reference!)

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Anyone else make their own tamper? Looking forward to seeing some of yours Cajunguy.

cajunguy

Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Or a pair of pipe tampers name Zues and Apollo. lol.
All right. Now someone must make the entire Magnum P.I. line of pipe tampers (yes, this includes TC and Rick).
And I will soon, Grizzly. I have a good number of pipes to refurbish this week, in addition to my training clients. I'm hoping to find some carving time for a few more later this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.