PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
This is my third. Drilled the block myself, shaped on a sanding disc and with files, hand cut acrylic stem.

DSCF9273_zpsvdlxa6tc.jpg
[/URL]

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Beautiful work!
May I ask how you found the briar?
I have a rose bush that has an interesting knot or two in it where it got messed up going through a fence. Just pondering for now.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The outside looks very nice! The draft hole appears to be centered. The stem looks well crafted.

What I'd like to see is more of the pipe. The tenon, mortise areas are so critical to the functionality that it would be great to see what you did there, and ALSO, a nice little write up about your processes, trials, tribulations, and triumph!

Great looking pipe! :clap:

Aug 1, 2012
Very nice. The color is a bit pink-ish (my niece would love it) and the shape is quite nice. Your stem-shank transition is pretty good too. Keep it up.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the shaping, a sort of egg-scoop hybrid that looks like it would hold plenty of leaf and insulate the burn. I don't think the stain is overly pink, although this is in the eye of the beholder, I guess. You've done a beautiful job on finish and the stem. Wonderful piece, something to smoke and admire for the duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.