30 grams
NtzBUy1.jpg

ETbfeMW.jpg

jg3TtvB.jpg

3CPs7do.jpg

7AwOiis.jpg

4kPRxvk.jpg

Mar 1, 2014
Sorry to be the one to say it, but I can barely see the pipe, the grain is all hidden in darkness.
Maybe it was just "one of those days"?
Maybe it's time for a new camera?
I still count moving from a Point and Shoot to the Canon EOS ecosystem as one of the best purchases I've ever made.

https://www.amazon.com/Canon-Rebel-Digital-Camera-18-55mm/dp/B00IB1BTWI/ref=sr_1_4?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1471690899&sr=1-4&keywords=Canon+t5

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Using my iPhone still working on proper lighting for it. Not much to see for grain. Sandblast finish with dark brown stain.

Mar 1, 2014
Using my iPhone still working on proper lighting for it. Not much to see for grain. Sandblast finish with dark brown stain.
This isn't a lighting problem it's a metering problem, the phone doesn't know what to expose for when you're pointing it at something without eyes so you get inconsistent results.

Back when I was using something without manual focus I would use a pointed piece of folded paper to attract the camera's autofocus and direct it where I wanted it, that usually did well enough.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
This isn't a lighting problem it's a metering problem, the phone doesn't know what to expose for when you're pointing it at something without eyes so you get inconsistent results.
The iPhone knows how, if you tell it: touch the screen at the point where you want focus/exposure to be taken; a yellow square will appear and you'll see the lighting change.

The iPhone assumes the center, but you can direct it to meter any spot in the frame.

===

Apps like CameraPlus and RedDotCam display exposure adjustments and other SLR features right in your face, but I rarely use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.