PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Well the meer arrived (seen here... http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/o-fortuna-the-quest-for-the-dragon-meer-with-pictures ) a couple days ago and I said I'd get more photos up, and so I took a few, including Chasingember's idea that I put up a photo with the meer and the Nording that's in my avatar photo. But then I decided that meer photos weren't good enough for this awesome meer (haha). So I made a video, complete with music. Enjoy....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu_FsogWo6Q
Well I literally just now finished its maiden smoke, and I'm very pleased. Now the thing is huge and I mean seriously huge and ornate. So lighting it was a bit awkward, but I got the job done and it's worth it. I have a My Own Blend from pipesandcigars.com I call Black Dragon's Rage, and I thought it would be perfect. Consisting of yellow virginias, toasted black cavendish, dark fired kentucky burley, and latakia, the pipe played off the different ingredients beautifully, and at one point or another each ingredient was able to steal the spotlight and really shine on it's own. This made my first smoke in this pipe very fun. I love a smoke like that. I found myself leaning back in my chair, listening to some beautiful music by Adrian Von Ziegler, especially a wonderful 21 minute long number called Otrodinn that had me in absolute calm for the tail end of my smoke. I'll include a link to that as well but in another thread. Great music to smoke a pipe to. I had a couple relights, but still smoked to the bottom with little effort with just a hint of tobacco left over in the ash. Wow I really struck the lotto with this pipe. happy smokes everyone :)

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
:worship: :worship: :worship:
Love it! Sounds like you've found a winner there.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Wow, what a great pipe, and the soundtrack is so appropriate too! Sounds a little like Dead Can Dance, "The Serpents Egg". I was smoking my Sav GDO 320 with some Black Frigate and watching the video, and it was almost like I was there! Did I mention I was drinking some dark rum? Might have something to do with it... :mrgreen: :worship: 8O

Jan 8, 2013
Rum can have that affect sometimes, Orley :) I wonder what Tolkien might think of a pipe like this, Mayfair. I've seen photos of him with traditional pipes, nothing overly fancy. Maybe he would have given it to Gandalf.

Jan 8, 2013
Oh I smoked it, Saint! And it was wonderful :) And thanks everyone. The video was time consuming, but not hard to do, and was actually quite fun. I might be doing that with all my pipes. Might be another sub hobby.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Well done video...amazing pipe. That is one gigantic chunk of meer! Definitely a pipe to sit back and sit still with.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Anthony, that's a great looking meer. I hope your Yanik smokes as well as mine. I have been very happy with the draw from the get go.
Enjoy it, pal. It's well deserved.
P

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Cool video and great pipe.

Before viewing the video I could identify the carver. Yanik's got a distinctive style that's quite appealing. I bought a claw and egg from him a couple of years back; what an amazing block of meerschaum. Yours looks even more so. I'm sure you'll enjoy countless hours of pleasure while smoking it.
Just wondering: The drilling on my pipe is less than accurate. How is yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.