PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I checked it out a little bit yesterday as there are about 40 or 50 some episodes on Netflix instant watch. Pretty good show. A little slow starting, but definitely promising from the first two episodes. There's a whole lotta smoking going on in that show. Love the pipe smoking that was added. Always good to see a pipe in a film/show.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I can say that I have never seen an episode of Mad Men.

Just never got a-round-tuit.

However, it was this first interview with Michael Galdis that induced me to become a member.

Thanks Kevin!

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Mad Men's one of my favorite dramas. I've got all back episodes on DVD and can't wait for the next season.
Contract disputes kept it off the air for a year, but it'll be back.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
It's one of my two favorite shows. As Tommy said, the regular schedule got effed up. They should have started a new season a week ago. It has been my ritual for every Sunday night for the last 4 years to watch Mad Men from late July to mid-November, but not this year.
It is coming back with season 5 March 2012. They actually start shooting this Monday, August 8.

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I work at a library and we have the DVD's, been off all week watching them...excellent drama.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
Mad Men is on my list of must watch tv and I'm gonna start right after I finish watching season 5 of Dexter.
Dexter, btw, is a show I highly recommend if you haven't watched it. I normally don't watch much t.v. unless it has to do with nazis and history channel (what is it about WWII that is so fascinating even 60+ years later?), but I am utterly addicted to Dexter. :D

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Michael Gladis? Give me Christina Hendricks any day of the week. :3

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
Did people in the 50's and 60's really smoke like Mad Men? I mean, everywhere they went, in bed, during work, etc?
Did they drink like that?

jaybird

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2011
I wouldn't care if someone would light up a pipe during work but I couldn't stand non-stop cigs. Drinking would make work a whole lot more fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.