PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
With much trepidation, I decided to try this concoction, hoping my wife would like the aroma. To my great surprise, it wasn't goopy and wet, or sweet and cloying, as I had expected it to be. It actually had a nice mellow nutty flavour, which I usually associate with English blends. And, yes, my wife liked the smell - I can smoke it indoors. Yea!
Disclaimer: I did smoke this in my oakwood pipe, which may have affected the taste. I'll try it in a briar later.

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
Careful with your briar, I found a bowl of this left crazy ghosting. It is a full flavoured tobacco, either dedicate a briar to it, preferably small bowls. I use a cob.....

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
thanks for the info 4dot! I was thinking of adding this to my next order but wasn't sure.

I like alot of MacB's blends. I guess you could say I'm a MacB smoker.. The majority of my rotation is MacB blends

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
It smoked just fine in a couple of my briars, too. I haven't experienced any ghosting (as I said, this stuff is nowhere near as sweet and cloying as I expected it to be).
And, as stated in one of my other threads ("FMC - and Chocolate???") I've also enjoyed mixing it with Frog Morton Cellar. :puffy:

gisboro

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
Well, I broke down and got a tin of this and I really wanted to like it, but, for some reason I am just not feeling it. I guess I will put it away for a while and have another go at a later date. :cry:

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Don't worry gisbro. You are not the only one. I smoked half a tin of this and just had to put it away. I am aromatic smoker and I couldn't get into this. My wife thought the room note smelled of cigs and it gave me quite a nic buzz (which I don't like.) I have taken to mixing it with other blends and I find it complements them well. I did a 50/50 with MB Cherry Ambrosia. Had a nice room note and a much lower nic level. I have a small jar I keep of this mixture to let the flavors meld.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I bought a tin of this just this past week. I'm not planning on opening it until some of my open tins run out. Nice reading what you other guys think about it.

irishjedi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Good thread, was looking at this blend as well. Might "pull the trigger" on a tin, and check it out.
Mike

allenz

Lurker
Feb 14, 2013
Nice review.

I detect no sweetness either (kind of salty? to me) but it gave a little unpleasant nicotine buzz afterward.

balcifer

Lurker
Jul 9, 2013
After trying Sail aromatic I wanted to find a tobacco that didn't leave a burn in my mouth so found out Mac Baron brand and picked up a pouch of Mixture: Scottish Blend and boy was I surprised. The aroma was a sweet one and the best enjoyable. The best part was that Scottish Blend did not leave a burn in my mouth but a sweet taste in my mouth looking forward to try a few other blends from Mac Baron like Navy blend and maybe the Cherry blend I am also looking at trying an English can anyone recommend McB's English blend I can try? :puffpipe:

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I've done the same but with 7 Seas Regular. It was pretty good but I haven't done it since that one time. I like mixing OGF with my FMC.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I've opened the tin of Honey & Chocolate and I have been enjoying it. My tin had the correct amount of moisture and smoked to the bottom of the bowl with no relights. I found it to have a nice Chocolate and Burley taste? The chocolate in this is of a bitter baking coco powder type. Not sweet at all. I couldn't detect the honey myself. I smoked this blend in a Kaywoodie Supergrain bulldog and I gotta say it did ghost the pipe.
One Mac Baren blend I just do not get is their 7 Seas Black. I found this stuff to be flavorless.

dhizzy

Aug 29, 2011
I may need to revisit this blend. When I smoked it it a couple of years ago it seemed to me to have a cigar-ish flavor. I have grown to a point where I can now pick out subtle flavors and want to try it again to see if its different to me.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
If you like (or want to like) the Honey & Chocolate blend, also try McClelland's Tastemaster -- the tin describes it thus: "A smooth, creamy choclate-flavoured aromatic, it is genteel (I think they meant "gentle") on the palate and abundantly flavourful throughout.."
It has less of the "burnt brownie" taste of the Honey & Chocolate, and it's really mellow. It's become my favourite aromatic.
Hmm.... think I'll go smoke a bowl now. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.