PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

rakntur

Lurker
Jun 5, 2012
Albuquerque, NM, USA
When my pipe group here in the Isotope City sampled the new MacBaren Seven Seas Red, the members dubbed it
"Death by cherry"
because of the incredible richness of the cherry flavor that is unique in its presence from the first puff to the last. It is just coming out in stores, but I couldn't wait so I ordered a 100g tin online at the only place I could find it available out of 15 searches (other than in 20-lb. bulk). This is not for smokers who never like it sweet, although that is not my most frequent choice, either. Seven Seas Red is unmistakably aromatic with light Brown Burleys, sweet rich Golden Virginias and a pinch of Black Cavendish that bring out a nice fruity tone but the wildest cherry flavor you'll probably ever find.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
7 Seas Red is the best cherry flavored blend I've ever smoked. Just barely beats out Cherry Ambrosia which adds a splash of Jamaican rum. Goes well with my diet Pepsi Wild Cherry soda pop.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Let me start by saying I do not like cherry flavored anything. I am however a big fan of MacBaren 7 seas line (regular and royal are my favs). That in mind I tried their red and it was ok. Just being ok is a great step to someone that hates cherry in general. It did ghost my pipe for a few smokes but nothing serious.

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
  1. Will this tobacco ghost a pipe?I plan on trying some soon as I have been on the hunt for a good cherry tobacco but I would like to know if I should devote a pipe to it. Oops i just read the post above lol sorry for the stupid question.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Send me a PM Ohio with your address. Happy to send you my 3/4 full tin. The ghosting is minor but not a bad thing if you like it.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Nice one, baronsmedi ! :lol:
One of the first aromatics I really liked was 7 Seas Royal ... and to hear that Red is a sweet one too, makes me want to try it.
But I tell ya Cherry Bomb sounds like it's worth a shot.
Nantucket Cherry, is not so sweet.

lazydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Dervis, I smoke 7 seas reg. Is royal just as good. I'm hoarding the regular, and if the royal is on a par with the reg, I will prob. hoard that too. I think it is great baccy, especially for the reasonable price. 1st aro I've agreed with in years.Thanx L. dog :puffy:

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I just ordered some 7 seas Black, Gold, and some Scottish blend. I love the Mac Baren line so I think I will have to pick up some of the Cherry next so I can experience the coo aide man punching me in the face!

Status
Not open for further replies.