PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
Well let me start by saying that I have always wanted to like MacB's blends but always found them to be vapid, or smoked way to hotly. Well this Bold Kentucky was neither hot or vapid. In fact, this stuff is bursting with natural flavor and smoked quite cooly. The biggest problem I have with this blend is that it is out of my league, the nicotine was overwhelming, I only made it halfway down the bowl before my stomach cried mercy. Wow, strong stuff, really strong stuff!! This blend did really well otherwise, a really nice volume of smoke, great earthy tobacco flavor, and it stayed lit very well...nicely behaved in all regards. This came to me as a gift and it was quite dry, but in a good way...perfect humidity actually...I would recommend this be dried out some if yours happens to come to you wet, you probably knew that though! :) So, for all you gentlemen who like really stout blends, this could find a happy place in your rotation. Hats off to MacB. for creating a super stout blend which was cool smoking, biteless and very enjoyable for about 15 minutes of sipping...lol.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Yes sir seadog really good stuff. It is one of my bedtime smokes relaxs me totally. an cobguy can't beleave yoy haven't tried this yet with the strong stuff you sent me. did you like the ten Russians. not tring to change this thread.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
cobguy can't believe you haven't tried this yet with the strong stuff you sent me. did you like the ten Russians.
There's just too many good tobaccos!
I haven't tried the Ten Russians yet either ... and I just ordered more tobacco ...
Not to mention the 6 or 7 tins of Capt. Earle's Private Stock from Geoffrey! :puffy:

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
LOL...I hope you still like the Capt., Darin!!
Let me know if you'd like these 4 tins...the Stirling, MacB, and Astley 44 Dark, as well as Astley 109 medium. All practically full tins...just would ask enough postage to get them to you.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
'Sounds good. I seem to do alright with full-strength blends mostly, though I would never assume I wouldn't get slammed. I went on a dark-fired TAD recently, so this is one of the tins I have on hand. Earlier this week, I cautiously packed a small pipe with GH Black Irish X rope, and it was quite good. I have to work on rubbing it out and drying it a little more, but with some relights, I enjoyed it. Strong, but not illness inducing. Bold Kentucky sounds hardy and good.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Man, either I have been smoking too long, or my tongue is dead. I think Bold Kentucky is rather mild, and smoke 2 MM Generals full of it daily to and from work.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I blame getting far too used to SG Black XX Twist. Even going so far as cutting off pieces of that stuff and chewing it from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.