PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
I'm sure i may catch some flak for this, but I've searched the forums for adding pictures to forum postings. I've had luck with the avatar, but no such look in the way of posting a picture as such on the actual posts. Any ideas for Macs? I have pictures i'd love to post to contribute to the forums, but no luck with the albums as such. I appreciate any help, and apologize for the inconvenience this post may cause.

darwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 9, 2014
It's no biggie on a Mac. Go to the main page of the magazine, not the main forum page. Under Account click on Album. Enter a name and description of the photo as indicated. Click on Browse. Find the image on your computer. Click Open. Then click Upload when the Mac dialogue box goes away. The pic will upload to the album. Right click on the pic and choose Copy Image Location. At the point in your post where you want the pic to appear click on IMG above the posting space. Paste in the URL of the album pic. When you submit your post the pic should appear.
To post a pic from one of the photo services just click IMG and copy/paste the location into your post. Done.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
only one issue...theres no right click on mac:( I do appreciate all the help thus far though.

jeepnewbie

Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
There is a right click if you are using a mighty mouse (it has to be turned on). Other Mac mice I'm not sure of I've only used two different ones, the old one I had didn't have it. Under System Preferences click mouse then choose an option for the right side clicker. I use a Mac and the mighty mouse.

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to give that a try and let you guys know. Thanks again!

joshb83

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2015
@Jeepnewbie, Thanks for the help. I now can right click on a Mac...who knew? thanks again. Should make things a bit easier to post pictures from now on.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Personally, I would suggest getting imgur which is a FREE download and makes things a hell of a lot easier with posting pictures. No need to enter in any name of a picture or description of it. Simply click on your picture after its uploaded and you will you will see a page that gives you several options. Just copy & paste the link given in the window that says: BBCode (message boards & forums) – (see image) and your set to go! Also, it allows you to resize your image if necessary plus other options if needed.
VPdb6WR.jpg

After you Copy & Paste the aforementioned window this is what you'll get:
tNHxDHM.jpg

darwin

Apr 9, 2014
I'm glad that Macs can now use any mouse. I'd be crippled without that right click capability and a smooth scroll wheel. A new Magic Mouse right clicks fine but the scroll function sucks. I use Kensington mice. Best performance for the buck I've found yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.