PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
I agree Kevin! Romeowood takes writing for tobacco reviews to the next level. Featuring this kind of writing takes the magazine to another level. Good move! - bp

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
@ Rothnh–the meatier flavors came out for me when it was DGT’d; your mileage may vary.

@Cortez–I’m trying the 100-point scale to give it more shading than the “5 star” type scale; I’m confident with this score for BLB as I’ve got tasting notes going back for more than a year, and it never disappoints.

@pitchfork–The older blend was visibly much, much darker. The newer tin is pretty consistently chocolatey-brown, with no outstandingly dark leaf; perhaps it’s a trick of the light. To my knowledge this does not contain any of Mac Baren’s special cavendish, nor does it taste of it, and the Virginia content is very condimental.

Glad everyone enjoyed the review!

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I have 3 tins cellared and have yet to smoke any. Now I want to open a tin and start puffing. Guess what will be on my next TAD? :lol:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
@pitchfork–The older blend was visibly much, much darker. The newer tin is pretty consistently chocolatey-brown, with no outstandingly dark leaf; perhaps it’s a trick of the light. To my knowledge this does not contain any of Mac Baren’s special cavendish, nor does it taste of it, and the Virginia content is very condimental.
I just looked at my sample again (thanks, mrlowercase!) and I think what I'm seeing are just bits of burley with more of the casing embedded in it and then pressed. I say that because I can fairly easily separate the separate strands in these sections, although at first sight they appeared to be like the cavendish center of Luxury Bulls-eye Flake (i.e., very dense and difficult to separate into individual leaves).
Again, great review. I look forward all the more to trying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.