PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2015
Cabot Arkansas
I have smoked three bowls a Mac Baren Virginia number 1 and I found it quite enjoyable it has a very rich and smooth flavor it does not have much of a room note but what room note there is I found it quite enjoyable but people used to smoke it around may not think so It lights really well it only heated up one time other than that it was a really cool enjoyable smoke the way it is cut it is very easy to pack your bowl too tightly very very careful and packing a bowl astronaut packet too tight all in all it was a great tobacco it is definitely going to be in my tobacco rotation

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
Hey new guy!
MB Virginia #1 was one of the first non-over-the-counter tobaccos I ever smoked. I picked some up in bulk from a local (now defunct) B&M, and have smoked flakes, almost exclusively, ever since. It's been a long time since I've smoked it, so I can't really recall the flavor; but, I know I smoked a lot of it, so it must have been decent. I smoke a lot of Dunhill Flake now. You should pick some up and let me know how the two compare.
Also, bro- Rule #9 is strictly enforced around here.
"9. In order to maintain the quality of our forum and facilitate communication, it is the policy of PipesMagazine to encourage the use of standard spelling, punctuation, and grammar..."

Jul 3, 2015
Cabot Arkansas
Thank you I will try some of those tobaccos and I have a disability and it is very hard for me to type so I use voice to type so you're going to have to bear with me please I would appreciate it

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I never could bring myself to like this blend. Just no taste and no matter how slow I smoked it, it would burn my tongue and get my pipe hot. I can understand how those who like straight Virginias could go for this blend, it's just not for me.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I love it, but it doesn't love me. I do OK with their burley blends, but MacBaren VAs always bite me. Glad you found one you liked!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds good. I'll look it up online and see how they rate its strength and taste. It could be something I'd like. Thanks! And rolling', welcome aboard. Right now, my wife and I are hoping for a second replacement to her hip replacement (staph problems) so she is rolling/crutches/walker bound. She cooks and bakes on one leg, though I try to do what she will permit.

anchovyd

Might Stick Around
May 17, 2015
Virginia No. 1 was my go to tobacco back in the day. I probably smoked it for 10 years or so before moving on. I loved the honey-citrus flavor and it always felt like a clean smoke. But I agree with others, you've really got to pace yourself when smoking it because it is super easy to get tongue bite with this stuff. I remember the morning after so many nights going out drinking and smoking this stuff until the wee small hours. When partying the alcohol would numb my tongue and I probably just puffed away with wreckless abandon bowl after bowl. Those mornings after my tongue felt like it had been in a fight with a cheese grater.
If you like Virgnia No. 1, you should give Dark Brown Twist a try. It is incredible. A lot more flavor than Virginia No. 1. It really tastes great. You still have to watch out for tongue burn but it really is my favorite MacBaren blend.
AnchovyD

Status
Not open for further replies.