Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
If you like Virginia tobacco blends, Mac Baren's Virginia No. 1 is something you should try. It has a dozen different Virginias sourced from three continents, which makes it unique and complex. Mac Baren has been producing Virginia No. 1 for 58-years. That alone says something. Check out Mr. Robert's latest review where his talent for describing the tobacco flavors and aromas will have you nearly tasting it yourself.
Check it out -

A Number One Virginia

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I enjoy Va #1 regularly.I know it has a reputation

To bite but no more than blends of similar

components in my experience. This is one

for storing away for the future...it ages well.

Mike S.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
After only a year I can see my Va #1 turning darker in the jars.
I enjoy the light honey flavor in this blend on a hot summer day with a cold drink.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mac Baren's Modern Virginia is another excellent Virginia from McB, and not a biter at all. Along with their Old Dark Fired, I am newly impressed with this blender. My early experiences with a blend or two just seemed harsh, but these have won my attention and admiration.

I find that I prefer Virginia #1 in a wider bowl than I usually use for my other Virginias or VaPers. In a narrow chamber, VA#1 bites like a pitbull off its meds, but in a wider bowl, it mellows and doesn't burn me at all. In fact, I usually love the tingle of an acidic Virginia, but this one crosses the line for me sometimes. But, a wider bowl fixes that for me.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
I have a 100-gram tin of Virginia No. 1 which has been aging in my cellar since 2009. If the weather cooperates, then I will break the seal and give it a go on the back piazza this weekend, as it sounds delightful.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Another one for the Spring fling. I happen to have a 2 year old tin that I've building up the nerve to pop. Thanks for the link Kevin!

Status
Not open for further replies.