PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I'm not much of an aromatic smoker, but this is good stuff. Great room note and some real tobacco flavor topped with a pleasant vanilla. Let this stuff dry for awhile and sip slowly and this is a good once-in-awhile smoke. It's also good for when one has non-smoking company over (my mother-in-law is in town) and a pleasant room note is important.
I opened this tin about a year and half ago so it's had plenty of time to dry. Whatever goop may have been present is now gone and these flakes are just right.
I'm impressed. Would not hesitate to recommend this tobacco with the caveat of 1) dry it for awhile, 2) smoke with good technique. An aromatic flake tolerable if not pleasant for the non-aro smoker.
Anyone else like this flake?

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Like? No. Love? Yes. I think it's a great aro, non-aro. Great tin note, wonderful room note.
-Jason

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I like the flake version, but I LOVE the loose cut! :) Disclaimer: I'm an aromatic hater usually but the loose cut is awesome :0

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've enjoyed this blend for a while now. I started out with the Loose Cut but after a tin I've moved to preferring the Flake Cut. It seems to have a more intense flavoring to me. Great smoke all around. People usually make a positive comment about the note and mention that they smelled it from a bit away. I have found it does seem to get better with age actually which is unusual for an aromatic.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
If the mother in law is in town shouldn't you load up a strong English and try to smoke her out of the house? :p I have not tried this baccy but ever review I have seen of it has been positive, it's on my list of Aros to try.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I'm encouraged by the number of positive reviews this stuff has been getting. I ordered a tin over the weekend and I'm anxious to try it.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
McB Vanilla Cream Flakes is one of my favorites. Not an everyday smoker but when I'm in the mood it always is a very enjoyable treat. Like you say sothron, a real tobacco taste with a little sweet vanilla on top.
Great flake. I recommend highly. Also a good option for someone looking for a stepping stone from aros into the world of more straight Virginia flakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.