PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like Mac Baren blends, mostly their non-aros, but I have heard that Vanilla Cream is an excellent example of a vanilla aro. When aros are done well, they can be outstanding.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
During past few years its one of those blends which became very popular here,nonetheless I do not touch tobacco which has anything of vanilla scent-tastes in it,yet should to be said,Mc Barens really have skills and knowldege of producing these types of light and more aromatics,

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I could never wrap myself around this blend. My wife hated it. It made her eyes burn when I smoked it, even outside. I gave what I had left to my nephew who loves it.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
MacBaren Vanilla Cream = good stuff.

Recently popped a tin - got as much fruit as I did vanilla, but still a real treat

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
I loved the stuff. Also really liked their Vanilla Toffee blend. Great taste and heavenly room note. Unfortunately, like most MacBaren blends, they burned my mouth no matter how I smoked them. Always feels like a chemical burn on my tongue after the first bowl. I'm not sure what they put in them that causes that, but it must be a body chemistry thing. That's why I now avoid MacBaren blends. Oh well.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
When it comes to pipe tobacco sold under their own trademark of Mc Barens I prefer smoking only their Burley forward blends,

really this bright Virgina leaf used by Mc barens, tends burn my tongue after the first bowl or two

then should to be mentioned today Mc Barens is producing a wast number of blends sold under the different brand names such as Amphoras, Clan Aromatic,even the French brand name Scaferlati and Caporals are Mc Barens now.

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
really this bright Virgina leaf used by Mc barens, tends burn my tongue after the first bowl or two
Perhaps that's the cause of my frequently burned tongue smoking MacBaren blends.
Hmmm. Maybe the Virginia leaf they use isn't aged enough.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Loose Cut vanilla from Macbaren is the aro I recommend to beginners or people interested in trying a vanilla smoke.
I love the look of it..all broken flake and ribbony.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
Funny, this does not burn my tongue at all and I consider myself fairly sensitive to bite. It's definitely an individual body chemistry thing. Burley and Perique are the worst for me, but BC burley and fire-cured are fine, so I guess a lot also depends on preocessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.