PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
anyone got any opinions about that tobacco? im smoking it right now on my coronation clay..

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
I just recently got a few Mac Baren blends to try in my monthly TAD. It is not a bad smoke. Has a good room note,so this was good to smoke in the work truck. Over all I think it was good but I am not sure if I would pick this up in the future.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
my favorite blends captain black regular-royal hands down, though i have to depend on fellow travelers to bring me bunches of them from the duty free shops or other countries they go since here it costs 23 euros a 50gram pouch and all other tobaccos cost 9.70 euros per 40 gram pouch so i cant smoke 200 euros every week or so......

from the budget ones here i tried them all.... all skandinaviks suck except maybe the aromatic one (ps skandinavik vanilla stay away from that foul spawn!) i smoked Clan till my tongue ended up liky me razors strop so i stopped it.

burkum riff original tastes like a middle aged on budget dudes perfume, still havent tried borkum riff No.8 and Honey&orange (though i suspect its gonna taste like artificial flavored fruit cake).

i smoked mac barren 7seas regular and gold wich i got bored of em in a week or so now im on the search again.....

my ONLY options that go around here (and dont cost 50 euros per pouch) are Borkum riff No.8 , Borkum riff scandinavian moxture, borkum riff vanilla,mac barren vanilla cream loose cut.
any opinions on these ones? i cant afford to buy pouches that taste like shit and end up throwing them enraged from my rooftop to the street.... anyway .. shit happens

gray4lines

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 6, 2012
KY
The impression I got from Scottish blend was a nice subtly sweet and super mild smoke. I need to smoke a little more to see what all is going on. I like it so far.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I keep this on hand at all times. It is usually a smoke to begin my day as it is so mild. I find it to be very enjoyable, however.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Here's a review published recently.

Don't tell me you missed that one too, Cortez?!

I'm ashamed to say I missed yours, as I try to avoid reading other reviews until after I've done mine. Thanks for posting the link! I always like seeing someone else tasting the same things--lets me know I've not gone completely over the brink yet.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I like it. I don't smoke a lot of it,but it is a blend I always enjoy when I have it out. Gotta smoke it slowly,or it can bite,though.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I bought this blend a while ago... My thought about 3 years ago; I thought It was a bit harsh... A bit of a strong tongue bite.. Good room note.. My thoughts now; Great flavor, great room note and smokes amazing... Funny how things change.. my pallet and tobacco preference has changed soo much, and continues to.... A great blend in my opinion.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
small update.. just tried mac baren vanilla cream loose cut... probably the BEST vanilla tobacco i tried (and only one that didnt make me gag) !

Aug 14, 2012
I went through some financially difficult years in the 1990s. So I switched my tobacco to MacBaren's pouches, which cost 50 cents each, half dried out, at a local cigar store. They were mostly Scottish and I smoked a lot of it. My first reaction was "this isn't bad, not great, but for 50 cents I'll smoke it." After a while the Scottish began to taste much better. Finally, just when there was very little left at discount I loved it so much that no other tobacco would do. I guess your tastes get conditioned. If you don't like this tobacco at first, keep smoking it. After a while you may like it very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.