Tags:   

Mac Baren Navy Mixture

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by mikenickerson
  • Latest reply from mikenickerson
  1. mikenickerson

mikenickerson

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone one I am wanting to know your thoughts on Mac Baren's Navy mix is it a Aromatic or just an English blend.

Edit: Moved to Pipe Tobacco Discussion, L.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. arabpipesmoker

arabpipesmoker

Login to Send PM

I have smoked a tin of Mac Baren Navy Flake (not Navy Mix)and realy enjoyed it
    It's i high grade aromatic tobacco if it's the same one you are asking for.
    Hope that help to make up your mind

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. cedeks

cedeks

Login to Send PM

It is aromatic but in European style where the aroma is from tobacco without any additional flavors. If you are expecting any thing like most of the American aromatic tobacco then it is not your target. I would also recommend flake version it is much better and much richer.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a tin I am working through right now. I enjoy it and unlike the comparison to Navy Flake, I do not believe it is meant to be a ready rubbed version of the flake. To me it is less sweet and much more smoky. I am not great at discerning flavors and doing reviews but I can send you some if you want, just pm me your address

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. judcole

Jud

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It's not an aromatic in the sense that their 7 Seas line is. It's very lightly topped, IIRC. It's definitely not an English. It's primarily a burley flake, with added Virginias and cavendish. I would bet that's unflavored cavendish.

Thought in the early morning, solace in time of woes,
    Peace in the hush of the twilight, balm ere my eyelids close
    Rudyard Kipling
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. mikenickerson

mikenickerson

Login to Send PM

Thanks everyone for your opinions on it.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   drennan, daimyo, 4noggins, michiganlover, sparks, cosmicfolklore, texmexpipe, jiminks, robski, grouchydog, huntertrw, darthcider, tombraider, hierophant, lestrout, dixie