Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Mac Baren Navy Flake is one of my favorite tobaccos. There are so many good tobaccos out there that it can take me a while to go through the rotation. There's also the different seasons that some tobaccos do better in, which can influence what we smoke as well.
To me, Mac Baren Navy Flake works well both in warm and cold months. Mr. Roberts' latest review inspired me to dig out my tin of Navy Flake, and it was quite delicious.
More than just a standard tobacco review, this is an enjoyable relaxing read. If you are not relaxing in your easy chair enjoying a bowl of Navy Flake while you read this, you probably will be by the time you are done.
Mac Baren Navy Flake Review by Romeowood: Christmas at Sea

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Very well written, and eloquent review! One for which I mostly agree with!

Incidentally, I was not smoking any Mac Baren Navy Flake, but I happen to be enjoying a bowl of 2011 1st. Edition HH Highland Blend.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
Great write up Romeo! MacBaren Navy Flake is probably my favorite go-to tobacco. Affordable, easy to light, great tobacco flavor and a hint of honey. To me, nothing smells better than a newly opened tin of Navy Flake. :clap:

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Nice review!
I've had a tin of Navy Flake, Old Dark Fired and Vanilla Cream arrive today. Mac Baren binge... Haven't tried them yet, but I have a feeling Navy Flake is the first one to go for.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
"....marked by faint woody notes, roasting almond, a hint of thyme and cardamom, and a room note that carries in it a trace of blackcurrant."
Bill is smoking on a totally different level than I am.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Good review! But I kept waiting for an explanation of why this is called Navy Flake. Typically a Navy flake is characterized by the addition of rum (and little else). So I'm wondering if here's any special story behind MacBaren's marketing.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.