Mar 30, 2014
wv
Name: Mac Baren Cube Gold
Type: Aromatic
Tobacco: Black Cavendish, Burley, Cavendish, Kentucky, Virginia
Flavoring: Fruit/Citrus
Cut: Ribbon
Description:
27 different tobaccos have been blended to achieve this mild and yet satisfying tobacco blend. We have used loose cut golden Virginia tobacco and a little ready rubbed Burley. Then a special Virginia Cavendish was added to complete the blend. When smoking Cube Gold you will experience a mild, fruity taste with underlying sweetness. The blend is mild and will keep the same fresh taste from start to end.
Initial thoughts upon seeing the box was that of luxury and quality. A brushed gold box with the Mac Baren crest top center and reminiscent of a hood ornament. Lifting the magnetically sealed lid, I discovered the treasure, a gleaming gold pouch. I was greeted by delightful scent of sweet fruit and berries. A staggering 27 different tobaccos coalesce to compose this wonderful bouquet. Immediately I knew this wasn't your average run-of-the-mill aromatic. I grabbed my GBD Canadian and proceeded to load it up. The char light reminded me of purple sweet tarts. After the true light the fruit and berries chime in. A few minutes in, the fruit moves to the background and the Cavendish takes center stage. Halfway through the high end leaf becomes more prominent. This blend burns evenly with minimal relights and no goopy bowl afterwards. The room note is lovely and sure to be a big hit at a party. I will be adding Cube Gold to aromatic rotation. I see this being one of my go to aros when I have a sweet tooth.
Recommendations:
I recommend Cube Gold to seasoned pipers who still enjoy the occasional aromatic. The 27 blends of tobacco will keep you intrigued and guessing throughout the entire bowl.
I also recommend this to the newer pipers who are looking for a more interesting and palatable experience.
http://www.sutliff-tobacco.com/home.html

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's been a few years since I've had one of the Mac Barens Cube blends, and I'm not principally an aro smoker,

but it is an enormously appealing package, and the blend is certainly complex. Many of the MB blends, including

the Cube I had, had a lot of bite. I like their Modern Virginia, which is not one of these with 27 or 30 different

tobaccos (Navy Mix claims 30).

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Thanks for the review danielplainview.
Very inspiring indeed. I'm currently smoking my way through a pouch of Cube Silver and it's out of this world. Now I'll have to work at getting me some Cube Gold and give it a run for the money. I usually start my day with a Lat forward blend - I'm currently alternating between Balkan Flake and FMOTB - but I sometimes like a quality aro in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.