Mac Baren Burley London Blend Discontinued. Suggestions?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I saw in a previous post that this is being discontinued. Bummer. This has become my favorite blend. I have seen that Golden Extra is another fine burley from Mac Baren.
BLB fans, can you recommend other blends you enjoy?
Thanks,

Bill

Dec 24, 2012
Smokingpipes has 20 tins of BLB in stock and 4noggins has a bunch as well. Why don't you just buy all they have and then you don't have to worry about finding a replacement blend?

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely take advantage. However, I may find myself in the doghouse with my bride if I buy all of it.
Thanks again,

Bill

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Since I have not tried it I can only recommend another blend that I enjoy and that is H&H's Classic Burley Cake.
It's a Bur/Va with a touch of rum / cocoa flavor.
It's very mild, flavorful and forgiving to the occasional heavy puffing.
Good luck and Happy Smoking! :puffy:

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
BLB is one I'd been wanting to try, so I ordered me a couple of tins. It sucks that they are discontinuing some of these blends, especially some of the older ones.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
As for suggestions, I haven't smoked BLB yet, so I have nothing to compare it to. But if it's a good burley you're looking for, Lane BLWB, Scotty's Butternut Burley, Middleton's Sugar Barrel, Boswell premium Burley and Carter Hall are all great choices!

smokertruck

Can't Leave
Aug 1, 2013
i also liked BLB - guys on this site put me onto it & it was great - 4 noggins has butternut burley which i ordered but how is golden extra compared to butternut as replacements - what is diff between golden extra & butternut burley ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know about matching the Mac Baren Burley London Blend, but if you can look at the constituent tobaccos besides the burley, then study the bulk and tinned blends by Cornell & Diehl, I think you will find some excellent burley inclusive blends in considerable variety. Right now, C&D is the master blender using burley. You can sample around in one ounce quantities until you find a few you really like. Mild to full strength, condiments in a wide variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.