PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipertibbs

Lurker
May 8, 2017
Hamilton, ON
luntingbear.com
New pipe smoker here. My father recently bestowed upon me his Dunhill pipes that he smoked for 15 years. He stopped when I was born (37 years ago). Now he's a bit nostalgic that I have taken up the past time and I would love to share a smoke with him with his favourite tobacco-Mac Baren burley. If anyone has any or knows where I can get it please respond.

Youd make a new piper and his father very happy.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It was discontinued but if you read the linked thread, there are some good suggestions:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/mac-baren-burley-london-blend-discontinued-suggestions

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Yeah that one was discontinued unfortunately. You might PM Pipestud if you dont happen to get a response here. A lot of good gents and gals on this forum though, so you might get lucky ;)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
As the linked thread indicates,Golden Extra is a worthy substitute.I've been using that to fill the Burley London gap.

Reactions: Ted Vig

piperray

Lurker
Dec 27, 2016
Dear Gents
Recently I had honor to meet one of executives from MacB, I made enquiry conserning London BB and got the answer in most polite manner that they've no plans to start to make this superb burley blend in near future. Perhaps reason for this is that Golden Blend/Extra is largely available as OTC and those two blends are very much alike.

-Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.