PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

andya27

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 15, 2014
This was the first aromatic I purchased. Several on the Forum had recommended it as a mild aro for beginners. I remember my first few smokes with it, thinking - so what?
Over the months I've smoked a bowl here and there, and I must admit that both aromatics in general, and this tobacco in particular, have grown on me.
I enjoy this tobacco for what it is. What it is is a mild Virginia/Burley with a very mild topping (I'm thinking vanilla, but I could be mistaken). And mild really is the key word. It doesn't bite. It doesn't smoke hot. It's easy to keep lit. And it doesn't try to be something that it isn't.
I tend to be a Virginia smoker. Virginia flakes, kakes, plugs. Virginia and Latakia. Even a Latakia bomb here and there. Burley-forward tobaccos are a nice change-up, but I find they dry my mouth quite a bit no matter how much liquid I drink with it - so I smoke them once in a while. But I wasn't an aro smoker. Then I was introduced to Bagpiper's Dream, and aros in general have grown on me.
7 Seas Gold is a fine Sunday morning smoke. If you haven't tried it yet, and you want a mild aromatic that is never cloying, doesn't bite - this one might be worth considering.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
That was my first pipe tobacco ever! I love the stuff and haven't had any in quite some time. I've tried the entire line and Gold and Royal are my favorites.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
I am not a big aro guy or a fan of the sweet stuff but I actually do enjoy this blend. I have not smoke it in over a year but the last time I did, I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.