PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rknoblauch

Lurker
Feb 19, 2016
I'm going to first say this is my first review as a new pipe smoker.
I want to start with the tin note it smells delcious smells like a reduced amaretto by that I mean there is no achohol essence present in the tin note. Also a faint hint of fruit and possibly vanilla but that could just be another note coming from the amaretto. Basically it smell delectable in the tin.
Well it's all down hill from there lighting it is Damn near impossible without drying time at least 1-2 hours. Upon light up I was depressed to find out this blend delivers nothing but a floral almost perfume chemical taste mixed with a bitter note that hits the back of your tounge and stays there giving a almost ash like flavour. that lasts all the way throughout the bowl tried smoking ultra slow to fast and there is just no way to bring the flavour out of it. Tried it wet out of the tin and dry after 2 hours it just does not come together at least for myself.
Sorry to say but even as a new smoker this 7 seas blend should be named shipwreck. As this one does not float my boat. My personal star rating of 2 being there could just be something worse out there but there must be something better.

2 STAR BLEND

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
MacBaren was the first Navy Flake I tried. It damn near put me off of the whole genre, thinking all Navy Flake was that bitey and bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.