PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
I had purchased an onz of bullseye, it is really good, but after the smoke I had to sit down for a couple of minutes, the nic content on this is pretty high, I went for round two again today and the same thing happened, how much nicotine does it have?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Out of 205 reviews on TR.com, it is rated at "medium".
P&C also has it listed as "medium".
I'd go with the masses on this since individuals vary greatly in their nicotine tolerance.

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
I will give it another try, still exploring new tobaccos, it is a very good blend, weird thing is that I have tryed escudo and I dint get that nic hit.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
LBF is an all day smoke for me. Then again, I've been smoking for a couple of decades.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Blood sugar levels and many other body chemistry factors are involved in nicotine absorption.
It could just be that you were in an optimal state to receive the Vitamin N. :D

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I would put it on barely medium, however it does benefit a lot from aging. At least 1 year in the jar. The difference is amazing.

jndyer

Lifer
Jul 1, 2012
Central Oregon
I recently bought 2 oz of LBF and have fallen in love with it. I like it so much that I have to pace myself so that I do not run out before my next tobacco order later in the month.
By the way, the OP mentioned Escudo, I love LBF but just don't get Escudo. It is like there is just something missing from it. I find that I almost like it; however, it is like is needs just a bit more...

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I'm sorry, if I'm out of line and hope my post will not be considered as a spam.

If you fancy LBF and happen to live outside of the USA - search for mcitinner1 threads.

kanse

Jul 9, 2016
You must also take in account the possibility that, since you like the taste of the tobacco you puffed on it harder than usual.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I really like Bullseye....I have over 10 pounds in my cellar. It's pretty good fresh but it gets really good after just one year in the jar. I really don't get blasted by the nicotine unless I put it in a chimney that holds 4 of the flakes.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
LBF is a staple of my rotation. I've never gotten a nicotine hit from it, but I was a 2 pack a day cigarette smoker for 15 years. My nic tolerance is pretty high. YMMV

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
LBF is one of my favorites and those who say it improves with age are correct. I've never had a Nic hit from it but that doesn't mean it can't happen. I've been hit a couple times recently after having a pipe outdoors when it was really hot. This was when smoking a blend that hasn't given me problems in the past.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've never experienced LBF as anything more than mild or medium for nicotine. You may be especially susceptible, which could be seen as good, since you can get a nice little nic buzz from a mild blend. Or it could be you happened to buy a batch that was amped up with nicotine from a particular crop of tobacco. Now you know what it is, go easy and enjoy it at your own pace.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I buy it by the 1.5 lb pack. Jar it up and give it time.
Ditto ... have a box on the way right now, along with a box of LNF, since it's 20% off at P&C.
These blends are what I like to call "cellar padding" ... easily available, good value and gets better with age.
Newminster #400 and #403 also fall into that category for me, FWIW.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
... except the 403....its a tongue killer for me.
Yeah ... there's a good amount of Burley in those rounds.
Luckily, you've got more LBF (over ten pounds?!) than five B&M's combined! :)

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
For me LBF is a bit less than medium nic hit and I love the flavor. Like many on the forum I have a box of LBF and LNF on the way celebrating the 20% off sale. I find Escudo a bit more peppery and not as smooth fresh. I did get to sample some 5 year old Escudo and it was much better. Davidoff Medallions are a similiar blend and I have been enjoying some 3 year old tins I picked up on a sale earlier this year. Got to love getting aged tins in your P&C order!

Status
Not open for further replies.