PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
After my second Lunting tonight...I've decided I need a Lunting pipe. I'm looking for recommendations with the following criteria:
1. Small bowl. Approx 30 min smoke.

2. Lightweight as possible. 1 oz. or less ideal.

3. Under $50. (Estates are fine by me)

4. Not a cob. Prefer briar.

5. Saddle stem preferred.
Go :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Nording makes a line of economy pipes under the Eriksen name, also on Cup O Joes site, that sell for

about $50. The one I have isn't a "looker," but it's a rock solid pipe and noticeable well made.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
You know I didn't know what this word meant so I googled it, the first thread was from urban dictionary and I was like Huh? Then I read down and saw the walking and smoking meaning. Thank goodness!

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
I have three stellar suggestions for you as apparently, I lunt all the time.

1. King's Cross Featherweight. It's a Savinelli Second and they are pretty common on ebay. I think I paid $12 for it. It's only 22g. The bowl is smaller and I use with flakes while "lunting".
2. Weber Blackthorn. Another $10 ebay pipe. Only 29g. Even the saddle stem. One of my favorite for long walks. This one is now graced with the eternal scent of Condor.
3. A Falcon. I just picked up my first and it's only about 31g assembled with a Dublin bowl. The balance is really nice while clenching too, perfect for lunting. It may destined as my beater pipe of choice. I don't know how hard it is to find Bantam bowls (or even a Bantam Falcon) but they would be even lighter.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I have a Trypis bent freehand that is perfect for lunting, I have its twin ready to be posted for sale if you're interested. It has a decent size bowl, likely a little longer than a 30 minute smoke though, and it has a vulcanite stem. A really nice smoker.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I'm a big supporter of the Falcon - there are a lot of bowl shapes to choose from and it's light weight. Since I don't lunt (never got the hang of walking and smoking) it's just my opinion.

Aug 1, 2012
Falls down in one aspect as it's 1.2 oz but I've got an old Edward's nosewarmer that, if you pack it a bit light, will give you a good 30 min. It's got a saddle-stem and, best of all, cost me only $5 shipped as an estate. The balance of this little quarter bent is good enough that the extra weight isn't a problem at all. Alternately you could go with a Brebbia Go-go but they aren't saddle-stem.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I would recommend a small full bent, as they balance nice when clenching and walking, whereas my saddle bit straight lovat chatters between my teeth with each step. Maybe it's just me. Not a big deal, but I smoke my full bent pete every night walking my dogs.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
Ya know, I had to look up just what "lunting" meant. Unfortunately, Urban Dictionary has a very different definition of the word than the way you're using it :|

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
FALCON.
the only time i really enjoy my lunt is when i am walking very very slowly, if i am moving at city pace, or trying to get somewhere i dont bother lighting up at all.
My wife, baby and I have been taking park walks in the weekend, and when baby (Luna) falls asleep in her pack on mama, we have to walk slowly so she stays asleep, this is perfect lunting pace!

Status
Not open for further replies.