PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
So, earlier I decided to go for my evening lunt (I love that word). The sky had darkened some earlier and the wind picked up, but it blew past. Well as I stepped outside the door, the air was cool and calm. So I start out for my walk. I take my Medico I got at an antique store in Louisiana packed with some good 'ol Half and Half and proceeded to light it. I paused expecting the wind to kick up at that moment. The wind usually never fails to start blowing whenever I go to light a pipe, but tonight all was good. I continue on my little walk getting further and further from home. Wouldn't you know it that a huge storm just came out of nowhere? One minute all is fine, next one heck of a downpour. I flipped my pipe over and turned around hoping to make it back home without getting soaked. No such luck. The rain kept getting harder and harder. The wind started to blow and I was having trouble keeping my eyes open. Then the lighting started flashing. I'm starting to get scared at that point, but somehow my pipe is still going. Well I keep on going till I make it to my front porch and lo and behold the storm stops. Didn't lighten up, just stops. Shaking my head, I proceeded inside, changed my sopping wet clothes, wiped the water off of my pipe and went to the back porch to finish it. I'll have y'all know that I kept it lit from the moment it started raining until I got back! All in all, it was actually a satisfying smoke.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
Haha, I'm sorry for your bad luck and impressed by your gumption to keep smoking :P I am very happy I learned the trick of turning over the pipe in rain, has come in hady once, and hopefully I will never need it again, but who knows?

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
**To the tune of "Singin' In The Rain"**
I'm Lunting in the rain

Just Lunting in the rain

What a glorious feelin'

I'm happy again.
I'm laughing at clouds.

So dark up above

The sun's in my heart

And I'm ready for love.
Let the stormy clouds chase.

Everyone from the place

Come on with the rain

I've a smile on my face

I walk down the lane

With a happy refrain

just Lunting, Lunting

in the rain
Running in the rain...
I'm happy again...
I'm Lunting and running in the rain...

neverknowsbest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2013
I like the sound of the word "smoking" or "puffing" a lot better than "lunting", which sounds like a term a veterinarian would use to describe a constipated house cat.
Anyway, your story is familiar to those of us who like to take our pipes outdoors. Somehow the adversity of the weather never triumphs over the joys of the pipe.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Lunting appeals to those historical nostalgics among us, I believe.
165461_625330957481868_713270026_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.