PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
How many of you fellow pipe smokers enjoy lunting? Or, is pipe smoking more of a sit down affair for you? I'm more of a stand on my back deck pipe smoker.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Most of my smoking occurs on the balcony. But I walked and smoked at Joshua Tree and it was quite nice.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm mostly a sitter, as the slowing down is the main appeal of piping for me. However when I do lunt I have to be careful because I find I smoke a lot faster and hotter when I do.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
I certainly appreciate the 'watching doings' aspect of smoking on my stoop and very much enjoy the phrase.

akfilm

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2016
It really depends on my mood. I have a dog, so when they weather is warm enough to not cause issues, I'll lunt, or when I'm traveling for work and need to get away from the hotel. The bulk of my smoking is done while I'm moving though, a lot of pipe time in my workshop or yard or editing (though that's sitting). I will sit down for new blends so I can enjoy them thoroughly, in the company of others, or if my pipe is a two handed affair, or if I just want to soak in the sunset. It really depends on a lot of factors...

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Give a dog a smoke, get weird looks. Teach a dog to smoke, and create a topic of conversation for a lifetime.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
It's one thing that can be said in favor of garage openers: they allow people to both post to the forum, and lunt, at the same time.

music4cash

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2016
I absolutely love lunting, There is nothing better than a walk in the woods with a nice English blend. For me it is a meditative experience, as I find smoking while walking forces me to control my breathing, which causes me to slow down in general, and the act of pipe smoking causes me to pay more attention to my senses, so I feel like I experience the woods a lot more than if I were just taking a walk.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I enjoy a pipe during long walks in the woods behind my house, so more of a lunter here.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
I'm only lunting when I'm bluntly hunting, dressed in camo bunting, whilst klunkly spelunking and taking a total funky dunking in subterranean gunk with a gang of monks and steamy little punks until we're all but sunk in the deep and junky hunks and go home to comfy bunks. And have a pipe... sitting still. Ta-da!

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
Interesting question. The majority of my pipe smoking happens when I take my dog on long walks in the woods near our house. I enjoy a pipe indoors relaxing as I get more of the flavor and an overall better smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.