PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Can't help you Mike but they do look nice. I like some of the classic styles and sizes. The weights on them are very good as well. Which style were you thinking about?

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
I picked up the - Luciano: Smooth Poker (Pease/Di Piazza) back in June . It is pretty. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to light her up.
Hey Cajun, did you treat the bowl with anything for first light or did you just pack it and smoke it?

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Cigrmaster - I am looking at one of the SmokingPipes Davidson/Luciano designs. Its a bell shape with a really nice sandblast on it.
Old Cajun - Thanks for that info.
This will be the first non Peterson for me in awhile. I recently picked up a Kapp Royal 03, it has gorgeous grain. Stupid thing was not drilled correctly so the draft hole is a lot higher than the bottom of the bowl. Unfortunately, I smoked it before noticing the problem.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
sdc18618-600x450.jpg

I picked this one up at the Columbus Pipe Show. I love it. Out of the selection of pipes I have it is my best smoker. Doesn't get too hot and is a heck of a chuck of briar. It was on the table for 100 but I got it for 80. Sorry, I know the picture isn't great. It has a contrast stain on it which I love!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
I got my first Luciano as a POY on another forum - I loved the half bent Rhodesian style. It is dedicated to my Virginias project and was so good a puffer that I got 2 more: a saucer and a bigger bent Rhody. The saucer is a great smoker, better than 2 of my 3 Castellos.
hp

les

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I do have one Luciano and I have to say that I am VERY impressed with it's smoking qualities and aesthetics. Beautiful sandblasting and always a trouble free smoke.
002-447-0207.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.