PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
At some point during my hiatus from pipe smoking, this line of pipes hit the market. I discovered them shopping around online and fell in love with the look of this one, figured it was worth the $100 gamble.
I absolutely love this pipe. I don't know all the details about the Luciano brand as I'm still pretty new to them but the fit and finish of this piece is superb. If you look close enough you can find some imperfections in in the briar in a few spots but for what I paid and how this smokes, I think this is a heck of a value. I quickly ordered another one from P&C which they accidentally sent me the wrong shape Luciano. Luckily for them, the one they sent, a very nice Lovat, was so nice I decided to keep it.
Anyone else have thoughts on Luciano?
luciano1.jpg

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am also coming back from a hiatus and have never heard of that mfg. It is a very nice looking pipe. Sounds like a hell of a bargain at a 100 bucks. By the way MS, were you ever on the cigar websites, your handle looks familiar because of the 858 in your name.

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
I don't know anything about them or own one, but that is a fine looking pipe. I'll have to check them out.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
I have been on various cigar sites over the years but haven't been as active on them recently. Some of the egos of the guys on the sites I used to participate on really rubbed me the wrong way and I kind of fell out of it.
Glad to be here though. I'm sure I'll get to know plenty of you guys that enjoy both pipes and cigars!

docrx

Jan 9, 2011
I have a Luciano rhodesian with a dark brown stain and it is a beautiful pipe and excellent smoker.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
3296b-600x450.jpg
3296d-600x450.jpg
I have one Luciano, and I definitely agree they are superb quality for the price. I would be surprised if you could find a better new briar for the same money. This billiard was under $100.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I have one and I love it. Love the aesthetics and it is a top notch smoker. Mine was under $100.00. I will buy more of them.
002-447-0207.jpg

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
Those are beautiful pipes. I have Italian pipes but no Luciano's. I may have to look them over and maybe add one to my collection.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Was poking around P&C last night debating another Luciano or another dose of TAD.
I now have a bunch of tins and 4 ounces of Larry's Blend on the way :roll:

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
msandoval858, I also got tired of the cigar websites, I haven't been on them in over 4 years. I used to be a moderator at cigarfamily.com. It became a full time job playing nursemaid...lol. I am going to seriously look at those Luciano's, I love a good bargain.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
cigarmaster, I was a member of CF back in the late 90's when it was still a very young forum. I met some good people there but it unfortunately ended with a really bad experience. The whole thing was just ridiculous. Those guys were like sharks just looking to tear someone apart.
Seems to be a much more friendly atmosphere here. I think I'll stick around :)

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Luciano pipes are the bargain in Italian briar IMHO. Sure they are machine made but hand finished like most pipes and that keeps the price in the really affordable range. The billiard that you showed is incredible, what a super cross cut grain. And I'm sure they'll smoke every bit as good as any $300+ pipe. Congrats on a fine specimen.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
msandoval858, I hear you, CF was pretty much a free for all back then. This group is definitely not like that. Everyone seems very respectful of differing opinions, and it seems like people go out of their way to be nice and welcoming to us newbies.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Kevin, thank you for the information. I'm really impressed with these pipes and I'm glad to see that the consensus is that they are a great value for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.