PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
With the Big 12 out of the picture, congratulations to the SEC.
I have no love for the Gators, Bradley, and will be hollering for the boys from Red Stick.
Fnord

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
College World Series. Yes, the LSU boys stood tall and had to beat Oregon twice (I think Oregon only lost two games in the entire season?).

We're a little disappointed here. My neighbor's boy is the head coach for TCU. He was waiting to see if they won last night to then fly to Omaha. But, they didn't get it done.

So, Geaux Tigers!

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Oregon State had only 4 losses during the regular season.
I was bored this morning so for fun I went on-line to see what the Portland and Corvallis, Oregon news were reporting. The fun part was reading all the whining comments about how the Beavers got robbed by the umpires in both games. On Friday night it was a foul ball that should have been called fair for a ground rule double but the play wasn't reviewed and the Oregon coach later said he didn't know he could ask for a review. That was on the Oregon coach as far as I'm concerned. You have to know the rules of the game where you are playing.
The home plate Ump last night had a "wide" strike zone and Oregon fans are calling for a federal investigation because they claim he was paid off. Funny thing is, the Ump was calling it consistently for both teams so both teams had to deal with it. LSU handled it better than Oregon.
I was hoping for a TCU win also so we wouldn't have to hear the "SEC fixed the tournament" whining.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Here's the bio on my neighbors son, Jim Scholssnagle. He's our local boy done good story. He lives like a rock star and seems pretty happy to stay at TCU (or in college ball). I asked him if he ever had the desire to coach in the pros, his answer "no way".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Schlossnagle

Status
Not open for further replies.